Thursday, October 25, 2007

wonders do exist

I couldn’t believe my eyes: when I went to the Zambian Post office to pick up a package with football boots my parents had sent me, like I was asked to do on the letter I received, I suddenly spotted a big parcel in the storage room that looked very familiar to me.

I was one of the two parcels I had sent to Zambia before leaving Germany (almost 3 months ago), containing lots of jerseys, shorts and some footballs which I had collected from various football clubs as donations for BSA. I had been looking all over Lusaka for these parcels for the past 2 months, going back and forth to DHL, the company I had sent it through. Finally, I had given up hope that these donations would ever appear again, believing they had been stolen or lost on the long journey from Germany to Zambia. I was so happy to see this package, I almost cried!

People and players at BSA had already started to believe I had lied to them about the donations, that there were not such packages.

By coincidence, I was carrying with me the two slips necessary to clear the packages. One of them was damages, and some of the footballs had wholes in them from mice which had entered and apparently thought a football would make a good meal. But all of that didn’t matter, I was just happy to see get the stuff back!

So-one week before leaving- I am finally able to hand over 7 sets of jerseys, over 100 shorts, some (partly damaged) footballs and some stockings to the players of Breakthrough Sports Academy …..what a satisfaction!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...nach dem dritten Anlauf diesen wunderbaren Weg würdevoll zu kommentieren belasse ich es dabei dich wissen zu lassen, dass ich mich tierisch freue diesen Blog gefunden zu haben und so ein teil von dir und deinem WUNDERBAREN Schaffen und Sein genießen darf. Ich sag erstmal danke und wünsch dir weitehin viel Kraft für all deine Anstrengungen. Ich denk an dich! viele liebe grüe aus Göttingen von Jean-Pierre
jeanpierre1503@gmail.com